Thursday, April 1, 2021

Poetry Project, V. 11.0, Day 1

Hi Everyone!

So the first week of this year's poetry project is about self-care.  We all experience self-care differently.  For some people, it might mean doing something fun, smiling and laughing, a break from the norm, and for others, it might just mean getting away from it all and recharging by being quiet.  It comes in a lot of variations and methods.  And that's cool.  This isn't about criticizing those methods.  We all have them, and we all need to do it once in a while.  This week is about exploring, through verse, some of those moments, from recognizing when they are needed to actually doing them.

The Calling

i feel it,
haunting my waking moments, 
unremembered from the dream-state,
leaving me hollow and hungry.
ever-pressing upon me,
a void inside that only grows,
consuming me entirely
until there would be nothing left,
i have to go.
i must do something,
move forward,
anything.
or risk losing myself again
to despair.
it calls, demanding satisfaction,
and i must answer.



For me, this is how those moments feel.  It might be getting into my workshop, or getting a good ride on the bike, or even just putting in the time working on other projects - like getting back to writing poetry, for example!  

Anyway, I would love to hear what those moments are like for you, when you need to seek out some self-care.  So drop a line, a comment - or maybe even a poem - about those moments!!!

Thanks for reading, 
Me

No comments: